- I have (well, had) a great-grandfather named Harry Potter. I think he was a great. Mighta been a great-great... and he lived in Scotland. :D I love the books, and this bit of trivia is just too awesome not to share.
- I just took my first vacation out of state in well over 7 years. It was lovely, and I'm kinda bummed to be home.
- I have an Master's degree in English, and really wish I'd gotten an English ed degree. Then I'd already have a full-time job.
- I'm terrible with money. And yet, my father is the best money-manager I know. Poor Dad doesn't know where he went wrong...
- I'm also a terrible house-keeper, and my mom, while not quite approaching Monica-like cleanli- and orderliness, is still trying to figure out where she went wrong with me...
- I have wonderful, beautiful, generous friends and family. I appreciate them everyday, even though I know I don't always show it.
- I am an unabashed Mac-lover. But I'm not too proud to accept the loan of a PC when it's offered, and my Mac has decided that 4 years of my BS is enough. (I love ya, LaRita! You rock so hard!!!!!)
- I teach English, and generally love it, but would really, really, really love to be able to craft all day and make a good living at it.
- I cannot wait for my Brit Lit class this semester to start. After 10 years of teaching, this will be the first time I really get to teach in my chosen field. Thank you, Karen, for giving me the opportunity.
- I am also, at the same time, terrified of this Brit Lit class. What if I bomb?
- My Christmas decorations are still up, and I'm still enjoying them. I may leave them up for another month or so, and I'm okay with that.
- This is the first real chance I've had to blog in far too long, and I wasn't aware how much I'd missed it. Thanks, Joni, for the prompt!
04 January 2011
So, Joni, over on the Hive, wrote a post about 12 random things; things we wouldn't necessarily know about her. And then, she invited us to do the same. So here goes: